Hi and welcome to My Little Expat Kitchen.
I'm Magda. I am Greek, born and bred in Athens, and for the last
I love food and I have a passion for cooking. I love the creativity it entails and the effect it has on people, such as the huge smile appearing on their faces when they taste something I have cooked for them. That's why I started this blog; I wanted to share recipes and stories about (and beyond) food with the world.
The recipes featured on my blog range from traditional Greek recipes (naturally), to modern international ones. I enjoy many different types of cuisines and I'd say that variety is what characterizes my blog and recipes. So take a look around, I'm sure you'll find something you'll like, something that will definitely tempt you to get in the kitchen and create something delicious.
I chose to write in English as well as in Greek because my goal is to reach as many people as possible and to be able to share and exchange ideas with them. With you!
I take all the photographs myself
I welcome any feedback or questions you might have, so feel free to contact me at this address firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on my blog.
You can also find me on Twitter, Flickr, Qrator, Instagram and Facebook.
Thanks for stopping by!
Press, mentions (otherwise known as "show-off time")
- On the expat page of Wall Street Journal: "Hungry? 14 Expat Food Blogs to Read Right Now"
- Featured on Australia's Greek newspaper Neos Kosmos
- On Dutch ELLE eten magazine website: "Trending blog recipes" (in Dutch)
- In the fourth issue of Portes magazine with two recipes
- My interview on Monopoli (in Greek)
- My interview on New Diaspora
- On iefimerida: "10 Greek Food Blogs We Love" (in Greek)
- #followoftheday on Nigella Lawson's instagram feed with my octopus photo
- Photo feature οn Food & Wine magazine's instagram feed: Shades of red and Vanilla-mascarpone layer cake with edible flowers
- Photo features οn The Kitchn instagram feed: Greek gemista, Wild asparagus tagliatelle and Strawberry tartlets
- Photo feature οn FOOD52 "Instagrams of the Week": Whitebait, Kale and feta phyllo pie, and Sea bass pair
The entire content of this site, including text and photographs (as well as my Flickr photos), is protected by copyright. Please do not use anything (photos or text) without my permission. Please ask first.