Hi and welcome to My Little Expat Kitchen.
I'm Magdalini. I am from Greece, born and bred in Athens, and for the last
I love food and I have a passion for cooking. I love the creativity it entails and the effect it has on people, such as the huge smile appearing on their faces when they taste something I have cooked for them. That's why I started this blog; I wanted to share recipes and stories about (and beyond) food with the world.
The recipes featured on my blog range from traditional Greek recipes (naturally), to modern international ones. I enjoy many different types of cuisines and I'd say that variety is what characterizes my blog and recipes. So take a look around, I'm sure you'll find something you'll like, something that will definitely tempt you to get in the kitchen and create something delicious.
Apart from writing this blog in my native language, Greek, I choose to write in English as well, because my goal is to reach as many people as possible and to be able to share and exchange ideas with them. With you!
I take all the photographs myself
I welcome any feedback or questions you might have, so feel free to contact me at this address firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on my blog.
You can also find me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Flickr, and on Snapchat with the username: mylilexpatkitch
Thanks for stopping by!
Press, mentions, awards (otherwise known as "show-off time")
- Published in Cosmopolitan magazine (Greek edition, March 2016) with my recipe for vegan chocolate mousse with coconut milk.
- Winner of Best Cooking Blog, both Critic's Choice and People's Choice at the first ever Greek food blog awards organized by BHMAGourmet
- Featured in The Guardian's Cook Kitchen Encounters
- On the expat page of Wall Street Journal: "Hungry? 14 Expat Food Blogs to Read Right Now"
- Featured in Australia's Greek newspaper Neos Kosmos
- On feedfeed
- On Dutch ELLE eten magazine website: "Trending blog recipes" (in Dutch)
- In the fourth issue of Portes magazine with two recipes
- Interview in Monopoli (in Greek)
- Interview in New Diaspora
- On iefimerida: "10 Greek Food Blogs We Love" (in Greek)
- #followoftheday on Nigella Lawson's instagram feed with my octopus photo
- Photo features οn Food & Wine magazine's instagram feed: Pasta with tomato sauce, Avocado on toasted rye topped with 6-minute egg, Shades of red, Vanilla-mascarpone layer cake with edible flowers, Pasta in a pan, Greek pasta with meat sauce, Caramelized fennel, pear and blue cheese pizza
- Photo feature on Saveur magazine's instagram feed: Greek pasta with meat sauce
- Photo features οn The Kitchn instagram feed: Greek gemista, Wild asparagus tagliatelle, Strawberry tartlets
- Photo features on Huffington Post's Taste instagram feed: Pasta with tomato sauce, Greek koulouria/simitia
My Little Expat Kitchen recipe galleries
Copyright The entire content of this site, including text and photographs (as well as my Flickr photos), is protected by copyright. Please do not use anything (photos or text) without my permission. Please ask first.