Friday, July 28, 2017

Sourdough sandwich with dark chocolate and fresh raspberries

I invariably seem to have leftover sourdough bread from my bakes, so I’m always improvising savory and sweet snacks to use it up.




I usually make big loaves of about one-and-a-half to two kilos, and I don’t generally like putting bread in the freezer so I’m constantly trying new things with my leftover bread. Mostly simple things but always delicious, because you can never go wrong with good, homemade bread.




I make several such snacks and quick meals almost every other day and I plan on sharing some of them with you. First, this one, because I am a chocoholic, because it’s raspberry season and because I firmly believe that the two are a match made in heaven, especially when they are encased between two sourdough bread slices.




I give you my sourdough, chocolate and fresh raspberry sandwich that can’t be easier to make or more satisfying to eat. Oozing, melted, dark chocolate, soft, tangy raspberries, crunchy, crispy sourdough. Enjoy!









Sourdough sandwich (panini) with dark chocolate and fresh raspberries

I use homemade sourdough bread (this one was a semolina and rye sourdough), but any crusty bread will do. You could also try making any of the breads I have shared previously here on the blog.




Ingredients
Sourdough bread (homemade or store-bought)
Good quality dark chocolate (50-60% cocoa solids)
Fresh raspberries

Special equipment: sandwich maker / panini press


Preparation
Cut two thick-ish bread slices On top of the first slice a few place thin pieces of dark chocolate in one layer, and a few fresh, whole raspberries on top of that. Place the second slice of bread on top and put it in a sandwich maker/panini press. Cook until the chocolate starts to melt, being careful not to leave the sandwich in there for too long because the chocolate may run out of the sandwich and it’ll be hell to clean your sandwich maker. Trust me, unfortunately I’ve been there.




0 comments:

Post a Comment